Wicked Machine

I, for one, welcome our new black Muslim overlords.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

"I think someone wants to fuck a banker."

The bank's HR department called me before lunch yesterday and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Starting next Monday I'll be a permanent employee of the bank. I can finally start telling people I work FOR the bank, not AT the bank.

So who says perseverance never pays off? Well, me, usually. But here's to inertia, eh? To all of you temps out there: If you can just live through 22 months of a dead-end temp gig, you can score a nice dead-end permanent gig.

It's been an interesting and entertaining two years. You get to meet the neatest people when you temp, like Jake and the Shark Lady. Bosses seem to be a lot cooler to temps from what I've seen, or maybe it's just the shabby bosses I had before that. Most bosses see temps the way they would see the world's smartest dog - sure, catching frisbees with your mouth isn't that big a deal in the long run, but aren't you just so cute and spunky? Who cares if Mr. Unemployable only does half as much work as everyone else and looks bored doing it? It's just so peachy keen that he can do any work at all! Good boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home