Wicked Machine

I, for one, welcome our new black Muslim overlords.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Mood: Fucking low...

I meant to say some more funny stuff before, but I just found out my friend Ryan Boell (Angelsboi from EN World) died of AIDS-related illness a few hours ago, with his friends and family by his side in Atlanta. I chatted with him a few times, and used to love reading his wrap-ups on Buffy and Angel in the TV forum. Later on, I (and lots of other EN Worlders) became very wrapped up in his trials with AIDS. I'll never forget the day he went on the forums and posted that he had found out he had AIDS - I've never been so upset over something I read on the internet in my life (not to mention upset over the small-minded PIGFUCKERS who had to pipe up and say how "something like this doesn't belong on a gaming board"). I may not have known him as well as his IRL friends but I admired him in his strength and empathized with him in his struggles. From reading his posts on the forums and his Livejournal, I came to know him as a free spirit who loved life very fully and openly. He was a really special guy and I'll miss him a lot.

People are eulogizing him on this thread. His Livejournal is here. Even if you didn't know him, give these a look. He touched a lot of people's lives in big and small ways.

Good night Ryan...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you gay or something, he's still alive! Sweet Jesus, don't you read!

6:45 PM  
Blogger MG said...

Very funny motherfucker. Go shit on someone else's bad day.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those who knew Ryan Boell (Angelboi) he was a very free-spirited individual. He was a lover of my son's for a very long time and Ryan was blessed with awsome writing abilities. If you read his journals or poems you would know what I mean. Even though his relationship with my son did not last, I am sure their friendship did. It is sad that this vibrant 23 year old's life had to end so soon.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home