Wicked Machine

I, for one, welcome our new black Muslim overlords.

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Field Report: Cobb's Comedy Club, 6/12/04

Rachel, her brother Mike, his girlfriend Vanessa and myself took in the 8:00 show at Cobb's last night. Chris Hardwick opening for Patton Oswalt. Good guys. Evening a bit marred by the presence of not one but two bachelorette parties, which apparently are the fire ants of the stand-up comedy picnic. Chris mentioned he played D&D; I now officially wanna get in a game with him and Wil Wheaton.

Oswalt rocked the house as I predicted to my non-Oswalt-recognizing friends he would. Got no boos on his Bush stuff, which stands to reason in SF but you never know (except for the dumbass drunk bachelorettes who said "Politicsssh aren't funnnny"; hey, help yourselves to a steaming cup of Shut the Fuck Up). His discussion on 80's metal videos was rad. Ted Nugent can deflect bullets in real life though, right?

On the way out the comics were doing the meet-and-greet, and I saw Mike Phirman (who played a few songs with Hardwick at the end of his set). I gave him the obligatory You Rock and I got the obligatory Thanks, Man, at which point I told him I fucking loved Rodeohead and his ears pricked up. Ah, a real fan! I got a soul-brother handshake from him and left the club feeling quite confident in my hipness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home