Wicked Machine

I, for one, welcome our new black Muslim overlords.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Deaf Jam Vendetta

A quick postscript to the toilet saga: I went to those same facilities this afternoon for a good session upon the Throne of the Gods, and who should be waiting for me when I exit but Mr. Wetseat himself. It gave me no end of satisfaction that though he may be missing 20% of his senses, he can still smell. And I gave his schnozz plenty to work with.

Anyway, I got a nice commendation from management today for all the unlicensed tech support I dole out around the office. I fix something just about everyday, but I know what clinched this one. Have you ever seen a screen go sideways? It looks like this (keeping in mind that the bottom of the image is the bottom of your monitor):

I'd never seen it either. Anyway, one of our temps got up for a minute yesterday and when she came back her screen had done just that (only sans the kickin' Serenity wallpaper). After giving myself a horrible crick in my neck trying to navigate the menus to figure out what it was, I found it was some weird resolution setting (I'm guessing for people with those funky tilting monitors for doing page layout work) that I've only ever seen on her computer, which had spontaneously decided to implement itself. By the time I figured it out, I'd attracted quite a large crowd so there was much whooping and hosannas of joy when I fixed it. So today I got a $25 gift certificate for Claim Jumper, along with praise for my l33t skillz. Now I can score me some 6-layer cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home