Wicked Machine

I, for one, welcome our new black Muslim overlords.

Sunday, December 07, 2003

Inflation OR "That's how they getcha!"

Found this nice little inflation calculator today. Among other things, I found that the $9.50 movie ticket I bought last night would have cost me $3.13 in 1977, the year I was sent to this planet. But over on this site it says that the average ticket price in 1977 was $2.23. So what this all means is ... I don't know. Ticket prices are rising faster than the rate of inflation? Ugh, math hard.

Until I hear otherwise, I'll just assume I'm being hideously gouged at the box office and everywhere else for that matter. Except for Lord of the Rings. Hot damn, I'd pay $20 to go see that. Can you believe somebody spent $9.50 to see 2 Fast 2 Furious? You know what really bugs me?

(Is immediately sent cease-and-desist order from Andy Rooney, even before this post is published)

Oh, nevermind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home